Thanks to my job and this blog I spend a lot of time on the Internet every week. The Weekly 7 is a list of some of the things I’m currently loving, articles I’ve read, awesome things I’ve found on Pinterest, etc, during the week. Sometimes I’ll throw in a photo or two of things I did during the 5 seconds I wasn’t actually on the Internet. Sometimes.
1. I’m growing out my pixie haircut and I have a mullet and it’s driving me nuts. Thank God for headscarf tutorials.
2. My roommate and I are moving to Brooklyn in September and oh God, the hours I am spending looking at Pinterest bedrooms.
3. Blogging friends! Caroline (of Caroline in the City) is in town and so she, Katka (of Matador Network), and I got to hang out & devour the most massive plates of fish and chips any of us has ever seen. My love affair with fried food has got to stop (don’t even get me started on the fried Oreos that are sold on my apartment stoop, don’t.)
4. I spend a lot of time on iStock looking for photos for my job, and sometimes I come across certain photos that look like they are from nightmares. Here’s a nice compilation someone else made but that summarizes my experiences pretty nicely.
5. Pretty sure I’m late to the party on this one, but I just re-discovered Reid Wiseman’s Twitter feed with images and commentary from space. Um? It’s the greatest — and by greatest I mean most beautiful, technologically baffling, and absolutely humbling — thing I’ve ever seen.
6. Apparently beach libraries are a thing. Thank you, Earth.
7. Finished reading The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert and it really got me into plants. Need more plants. (Book itself is OK — a bit too long in my opinion, and there are some parts that get super erotic all of a sudden, especially when people sit down next to you on the train and are probably reading over your shoulder)
Now my roommate and I are about to embark on week 2 of no WiFi in our apartment because, Time Warner. We don’t want to talk about it.