Thanks to my job and this blog I spend a lot of time on the Internet every week. The Weekly 7 is a list of some of the things I’m currently loving, articles I’ve read, awesome things I’ve found on Pinterest, etc, during the week. Sometimes I’ll throw in a photo or two of things I did during the 5 seconds I wasn’t actually on the Internet. Sometimes.
1. One of my tweets made it into a Buzzfeed article! I was hanging out on Twitter on Friday afternoon and saw that people were posting puns of book titles mixed with conspiracy theories and tagging them #conspiracybooks, so naturally I wanted to participate. I threw in 2 puns, one of them being MiddleseX-Files (AMIRITE) and that one got picked to be in the resulting article on the site later that afternoon. FAME.
2. My sister is still updating her blog even though she has been evacuated from Guinea due to the Ebola outbreak. I’m just glad she’s safe!
3. My trip to Colorado Springs is coming up and in the midst of my research about the Garden of the Gods I found out that there is a hot air balloon festival taking place that weekend as well. Guys, I may never come back.
4. Took myself out to the Benefit eyebrow bar on Friday night. Girl-tastic.
5. Finished reading the new Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling) mystery novel, The Silkworm. Detective novels are my guilty pleasure (I took a class on them in college).
6. Really want to start investing in some art. Currently obsessed with these beachy (and entirely sold out) paintings by artist Teil Duncan and these beachy (see a theme here?) photographs by Gray Malin.
7. One of my blog posts was featured on The Culture-ist last week! It’s about Girl Scout founder Juliette Gordon Low and the Girl Scouts retweeted it which basically made my life.
Here’s hoping this next week is a good one despite the thunderstorm warnings and the fact that our apartment’s WiFi has been on and off the past three days (currently using up all the WiFi and air conditioning that Starbucks will give me).